This Spicy Braised Broccoli Rabe side dish is an easy and flavorful compliment to almost any main course.
Duration: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 4 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli rabe, trimmed and washed, or broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon red chili flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add broccoli rabe and sauté for 4 to 6 minutes or until wilted. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Add balsamic and 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce to a simmer and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until very tender. Stir in red chili flakes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Jamie Geller is the only best-selling cookbook author who wants to get you out of the kitchen – not because she doesn’t love food – but because she has tons to do. As “The Bride Who Knew Nothing” Jamie found her niche specializing in fast, fresh, family recipes. Now the “Queen of Kosher” (CBS) and the “Jewish Rachael Ray” (New York Times), she’s the creative force behind JOYofKOSHER.com and “JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller” magazine. Jamie and her hubby live in Israel with their six super kids who give her plenty of reasons to get out of the kitchen – quickly.
Recipe Retrieved from: https://www.joyofkosher.com/recipes/spicy-braised-broccoli-rabe/