A fondue supper (or dessert) is a wonderful way for the whole family to enjoy creating and eating a meal together. For a non-traditional meal, start with Cheese Fondue.
Duration: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 32-ounces chopped semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and dried
- Bananas, sliced
- Store-bought pound cake, in 1-inch cubes
1. Place chocolate in a fondue pot. In a small saucepan over low heat, heat cream to a low simmer, being careful not to boil. Pour cream over chocolate chips, add vanilla, and stir until chips are melted.
2. Serve in the fondue pot, over a low flame, with a plate of fruit, marshmallows, and cake.
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010)
Jamie Geller is the only best-selling cookbook author who wants to get you out of the kitchen – not because she doesn’t love food – but because she has tons to do. As “The Bride Who Knew Nothing” Jamie found her niche specializing in fast, fresh, family recipes. Now the “Queen of Kosher” (CBS) and the “Jewish Rachael Ray” (New York Times), she’s the creative force behind JOYofKOSHER.com and “JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller” magazine. Jamie and her hubby live in Israel with their six super kids who give her plenty of reasons to get out of the kitchen – quickly. Check out her new book, JOY of KOSHER Fast, Fresh Family Recipes.