This soup is simple, doesn’t require too much chopping and peeling, and has a refreshingly light taste that will enhance any meal.
- spanish onion – 1 large, diced
- garlic – 2 cloves, minced
- canned diced tomatoes – 2 x 28oz cans
- zucchini – 4 medium, diced
- chicken or vegetable broth – 4 cups
- salt and pepper – to taste
- chopped oregano leaves – 1/4 cup or 1 tsp dried oregano
- basil leaves – 1/4 cup chopped or 1 tsp dried basil
- sugar – 1 tsp
- red wine vinegar – 1 tsp (optional)
In a large soup pot, sauté the onion and garlic until translucent and fragrant. Add canned tomatoes and stir. Cook for 5–10 minutes to let the tomatoes break down a bit. Add the diced zucchini and broth, then add the oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
Cover and cook for about 20 minutes until the zucchini has softened but still holds its shape. Add the sugar and the vinegar, if using. Mix well and cook for 5 more minutes.
– See more at: http://kosherscoop.com/2014/10/tomato-squash-soup/#sthash.8ufSJMrd.dpuf