- Prep Time : 15 min
- Ready Time : 15 min
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves, whole or thinly sliced
- 2 cups carrot ribbons
- 1 cup cucumber ribbons
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- Honey Whole Wheat Croutons (click for recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. In a salad bowl, toss the spinach, carrots, cucumbers, cabbage, croutons and pomegranate seeds.
2. In a small bowl, whisk shallots with pomegranate juice, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk in oil in a steady stream. Drizzle dressing over spinach salad to taste, and gently toss to coat.
JoyofKosher.com with Jamie Geller is the No. 1 kosher food and recipe website, featuring more than 7,000 recipes from Geller, kosher chefs, food bloggers and community members. The award-winning companion print magazine, published bimonthly, is revolutionizing the way people think about kosher.
Want stories like this delivered right to your inbox? Sign up now for our Joy of Kosher weekly newsletter.