This delicious chili will melt your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
- COOK TIME
- PREP TIME
- 6 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeds and ribs removed, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cups Les Petites Fermieres
- Shredded Cheddar (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onions and peppers for about 6 minutes. Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, tomato paste, vinegar, tomatoes, beans, water, sugar, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil and reduce to medium heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove cinnamon stick before serving.
3. Spoon into individual bowls; top with cheddar cheese if desired and serve with Homemade Corn Bread (page 223).
JoyofKosher.com with Jamie Geller is the No. 1 kosher food and recipe website, featuring more than 7,000 recipes from Geller, kosher chefs, food bloggers and community members. The award-winning companion print magazine, published bimonthly, is revolutionizing the way people think about kosher.