These potatoes are all you need to accompany your favorite chicken, beef, or fish entree.
For best results, use a high-quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
Duration: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1½ pounds new potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 roasted red peppers, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped flat-leaf parsley, sliced scallions
1. Simmer potatoes in a large sauté pan until they are par-cooked, about 10 minutes once water has come to a simmer. Remove potatoes, cool, and then slice into quarter-inch thick slices. No need to peel the potatoes!
2. In the same pan, lightly coated with evoo, caramelize red onion until golden brown, about 7 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add potatoes to the pan and a little more evoo. Be sure to salt and pepper the veggies.
3. Cook until potatoes are crispy, stirring occasionally. Add scallions, red peppers, and garlic and continue cooking for another few minutes until garlic has softened.
4. Transfer potatoes to a serving platter and garnish with parsley and scallions as desired.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller’s Weekly Newsletter.
By Jamie Geller
Jamie Geller is the only best-selling cookbook author who wants to get you out of the kitchen – not because she doesn’t love food – but because she has tons to do.
As “The Bride Who Knew Nothing”, Jamie found her niche specializing in fast, fresh, family recipes. Now the “Queen of Kosher” (CBS) and the “Jewish Rachael Ray” (The New York Times), she’s the creative force behind JamieGeller.com
Jamie and her hubby live in Israel with their six super kids who give her plenty of reasons to get out of the kitchen – quickly. Check out her new book, Brisket 101 and her new family meal plan “Fresh Families” at FreshFamilies.us
Recipe orginally published 1/17/2017