For crispy onions, use a mandolin to achieve uniform slices that fry up evenly. These make the perfect topping for burgers, salads, and our Ultimate Green Bean Casserole.
Duration: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 large onion, sliced very thin
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
1. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
2. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, cook sliced onions in evoo, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy. Take your time with this step; the payoff is crispy, crunchy oniony goodness.
3. Transfer crispy onions to a prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt; set aside. Serve as a topping for burgers, soups, salads, and our Ultimate Green Bean Casserole.
By Jamie Geller
Jamie Geller is the only best-selling cookbook author who wants to get you out of the kitchen – not because she doesn’t love food – but because she has tons to do.
As “The Bride Who Knew Nothing”, Jamie found her niche specializing in fast, fresh, family recipes. Now the “Queen of Kosher” (CBS) and the “Jewish Rachael Ray” (The New York Times), she’s the creative force behind JamieGeller.com
Jamie and her hubby live in Israel with their six super kids who give her plenty of reasons to get out of the kitchen – quickly. Check out her new book, Brisket 101and her new family meal plan “Fresh Families” at FreshFamilies.us