This filling, tasty and colorful salad can be an appetizer, a side dish or a meal in itself when served with rice.
Duration: 40 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup sliced Persian cucumbers
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 4 radishes, julienned
- 2 cups cubed imitation crab
- 2 medium avocados, pitted, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Juice of 2 limes
- 4 cups cooked sushi rice
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
1. In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, carrots, radishes, imitation crab and avocado and toss gently to combine.
2. Add vinegar and lime juice and toss to coat.
To plate, place ½ cup rice on each serving plate and 1 cup salad next to rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with soy sauce on the side.
By Jamie Geller
Orginally published: AUG 19, 2011
Retrieved from: http://www.joyofkosher.com/recipes/california-roll-salad/