Try one of our favorite brisket recipes – with the sweet honey marinade.
Tip: The brisket and marinade can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance before baking.
Duration: 205 minutes
Cook Time: 195 minutes
Prep Time: 1o minutes
- 1 (4-pound) brisket
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried ground thyme
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine honey, mustard, garlic, orange juice, lemon juice, chili flakes, thyme, salt and pepper in a medium bowl, whisking to blend well.
2. Place the brisket in a sealable plastic bag. Add the marinade, seal, and refrigerate at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
3. Remove brisket from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
4. Heat evoo in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Remove brisket from marinade (reserve marinade) and sear 5 minutes per side or until nicely browned.
5. Pour marinade from plastic bag over brisket, add 3 cups chicken broth, cover, and bake at 350°F for 3 hours or until tender.
6. Remove brisket to a cutting board and let rest at least 15 minutes before slicing against the grain.
5. Transfer braising liquid to an unheated saucepan. Skim off the fat. Reduce the liquid by boiling on medium-high, uncovered, until it coats the back of a spoon. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over sliced brisket and serve.
From the Joy of Kosher Cookbook, order your copy for 199 more recipes.
By Jamie Geller
Jamie Geller is the only best-selling cookbook author who wants to get you out of the kitchen – not because she doesn’t love food – but because she has tons to do.
As “The Bride Who Knew Nothing”, Jamie found her niche specializing in fast, fresh, family recipes. Now the “Queen of Kosher” (CBS) and the “Jewish Rachael Ray” (The New York Times), she’s the creative force behind JamieGeller.com
Jamie and her hubby live in Israel with their six super kids who give her plenty of reasons to get out of the kitchen – quickly. Check out her new book, Brisket 101 and her new family meal plan “Fresh Families” at FreshFamilies.us
Originally Published: 12/07/16