This healthy vegetable side dish is the perfect complement to any meal. For more flavor and pizzazz, add and sauté a carton of fresh sliced mushrooms and some red bell pepper strips. Season with a little extra garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper to taste.
Make sure to use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
Duration: 21 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 6 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons prepared crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon crumbled, dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
1. Heat evoo in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion and sauté 2 minutes.
3. Add zucchini, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper, and sauté for 3 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Recipes from the Bride Who Knew Nothing by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2007).
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller’s Weekly Newsletter.
By Jamie Geller
Jamie Geller is the only best-selling cookbook author who wants to get you out of the kitchen – not because she doesn’t love food – but because she has tons to do.
As “The Bride Who Knew Nothing”, Jamie found her niche specializing in fast, fresh, family recipes. Now the “Queen of Kosher” (CBS) and the “Jewish Rachael Ray” (The New York Times), she’s the creative force behind JamieGeller.com
Jamie and her hubby live in Israel with their six super kids who give her plenty of reasons to get out of the kitchen – quickly. Check out her new book, Brisket 101and her new family meal plan “Fresh Families” at FreshFamilies.us
Originally published SEP 24, 2017