Lose the fat but not the flavor with this light and lovely chocolate raspberry cheesecake.
Duration: 75 minutes duration
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 16 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters 99% egg substitute
- 16 ounces fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup Karo corn syrup
- Light whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With an electric mixer, beat the fat-free cream cheese until soft.
- Add the sugar, cocoa, vanilla extract and raspberry preserves and continue beating until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the egg substitutes, fat free sour cream and salt and continue beating until no lumps remain and mixture is smooth and liquidy. You may have to beat the mixture for several minutes to reach this consistency.
- Pour batter into a lightly grease a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Place in oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Bake for one hour, or until center is set and firm to the touch. Turn off oven and allow cheesecake to stay in cooling oven for one hour longer.
- Remove and cool completely. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
- To make the raspberry sauce, in blender, puree thawed raspberries. Strain and stir in 1/3 cup Karo corn syrup.
- Serve one slice of cheesecake drizzled with raspberry sauce and a dollop of light whipped cream if desired.