Everyone has a go-to recipe for a one-bowl cake. Here’s mine. It’s a combination of three or four recipes and, yes, I think it’s the best. Or should I say amazing? The mayonnaise and pudding really moisten the cake, and you’ll also score beauty points with presentation because, as I always say, anything baked in a Bundt pan will impress your guests. It’s like a self-decorated cake.
For a glaze, place 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup soy milk or non-dairy frozen ready-to-whip liquid topping, thawed, in a small saucepan. Heat until melted and drizzle over cake.
Duration: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 7 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup non dairy milk, soy or almond work well
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 1 (4-ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a Bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine all ingredients. Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool before glazing if desired and serving.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Recipes From The Bride Who Knew Nothing by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2007) – BUY NOW
By Jamie Geller
Jamie Geller is the only best-selling cookbook author who wants to get you out of the kitchen – not because she doesn’t love food – but because she has tons to do.
As “The Bride Who Knew Nothing”, Jamie found her niche specializing in fast, fresh, family recipes. Now the “Queen of Kosher” (CBS) and the “Jewish Rachael Ray” (The New York Times), she’s the creative force behind JamieGeller.com
Jamie and her hubby live in Israel with their six super kids who give her plenty of reasons to get out of the kitchen – quickly. Check out her new book, Brisket 101 and her new family meal plan “Fresh Families” at FreshFamilies.us