One pan chicken dinner with tons of nutrients. Your whole family will enjoy this easy dinner. Quick enough for a weeknight and nice enough for a special occasion.
For best results, use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
Watch Jamie make it a meal in a 1 Hour Shabbat Menu.
Duration: 50 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 chicken cut into 6 pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole tomatoes, crushed with your hands
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- 3 cups finely chopped kale
- Packaged couscous prepared according to package directions
- Garnish: thinly sliced lemon, chopped flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously grease a 9 x 13 casserole with extra virgin olive oil.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Place chicken, skin side down, in prepared pan. Roast in oven for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is roasting, stir to combine: chickpeas, crushed tomatoes, broth, onions, garlic, capers and olives. Stir in chopped kale. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn chicken pieces over and distribute chickpea mixture around chicken. Return to oven and continue cooking for another 20-30 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
- Serve chicken and chickpeas with kale on a bed of couscous on a platter with sliced lemons and parsley.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller’s Weekly Newsletter.
By Jamie Geller
Jamie Geller is the only best-selling cookbook author who wants to get you out of the kitchen – not because she doesn’t love food – but because she has tons to do.
As “The Bride Who Knew Nothing”, Jamie found her niche specializing in fast, fresh, family recipes. Now the “Queen of Kosher” (CBS) and the “Jewish Rachael Ray” (The New York Times), she’s the creative force behind JamieGeller.com
Jamie and her hubby live in Israel with their six super kids who give her plenty of reasons to get out of the kitchen – quickly. Check out her new book, Brisket 101 and her new family meal plan “Fresh Families” at FreshFamilies.us
Orginally published June 4, 2017