Jamie Geller shares her recipe for Pareve Snickers Cheesecake
- Prep Time : 15 minutes min
- Ready Time : 15 min
- 1 1/3 cups crushed chocolate graham crackers
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons margarine, melted and cooled
- 2 (8-ounce) containers Tofutti or Galaxy cream cheese alternative
- 1 (14-ounce) package silken tofu, drained
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Corn starch
- 1/3 cup plain soy milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate sauce
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 12-inch spring form pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine crackers, sugar, salt and margarine and stir until mixture comes together. Press into an even layer in the pan and bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely. Reduce oven to 325 F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment mix together cream cheese alternative and tofu until combined. Add sugar, corn starch and soy milk and beat well. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth and combined.
- Pour over cooled crust and bake 1 hour and 30 minutes or until cheesecake is golden brown and set in the middle. Cool completely before unmolding from pan and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, drizzle with chocolate and caramel sauce and sprinkle with peanuts. Cut into 12 slices and serve.
JoyofKosher.com with Jamie Geller is the No. 1 kosher food and recipe website, featuring more than 7,000 recipes from Geller, kosher chefs, food bloggers and community members. The award-winning companion print magazine, published bimonthly, is revolutionizing the way people think about kosher.
Want stories like this delivered right to your inbox? Sign up now for our Joy of Kosher weekly newsletter.