Flavor your brisket with shawarma seasoning and serve it in a pita for the ultimate shawarma sandwich.
Get more Shwarma flavored recipes here.
Duration: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 (4-pound) 2nd cut brisket
- ¼ cup shawarma seasoning
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita (divided)
- 1 large spanish onion
- 12 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rub brisket with shawarma seasoning. Heat a large sauté pan, coated with 2 tablespoons evoo, over medium heat.
- Sear brisket on both sides until golden (about 5-7 minutes per side).
- Place brisket in a 9×13” baking dish.
- Add remaining tablespoon evoo to sauté pan. Add onions and sauté for 10 minutes, until onions soften and start caramelizing.
- Scatter onions over brisket, add garlic and drizzle honey. Cover tightly and bake for 3 hours.
- Allow to cool before slicing. Preferably store in fridge overnight.
- Slice against the grain and reheat in sauce or shred brisket and serve stuffed in a pita with tahini and Israeli salad.
Jamie Geller is the only best-selling cookbook author who wants to get you out of the kitchen – not because she doesn’t love food – but because she has tons to do.
As “The Bride Who Knew Nothing”, Jamie found her niche specializing in fast, fresh, family recipes. Now the “Queen of Kosher” (CBS) and the “Jewish Rachael Ray” (The New York Times), she’s the creative force behind JamieGeller.com
Jamie and her hubby live in Israel with their six super kids who give her plenty of reasons to get out of the kitchen – quickly. Check out her new book, Brisket 101 and her new family meal plan “Fresh Families” at FreshFamilies.us