The most common and widely used technique is hands-off and hands down the simplest of all. Often overcooked, you want to bake salmon until just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes is actually all you need.
- Prep Time : 4 min
- Cook Time : 6-8 min
- Ready Time : 10 min
- Cooking spray
- 4 (5-oz) salmon fillets, skin on Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place salmon, skin-side down in a well-greased baking dish large enough to hold the fillets without touching.
2. Squeeze lemon juice over salmon, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Doneness Test: Salmon is cooked through when no longer red.
Dress It Up: Spoon about 1 table- spoon sauce or glaze of your choice over each fillet before baking.
Simple Savory Salmon Sauce: Mix together 1/2 cup light mayo, 2 teaspoons Gold’s White Horseradish, 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice, 1⁄8 teaspoon each dried dill, salt, and pepper. Spoon over fish and bake as instructed.
JoyofKosher.com with Jamie Geller is the No. 1 kosher food and recipe website, featuring more than 7,000 recipes from Geller, kosher chefs, food bloggers and community members. The award-winning companion print magazine, published bimonthly, is revolutionizing the way people think about kosher.
Want stories like this delivered right to your inbox? Sign up now for our Joy of Kosher weekly newsletter.