- Prep Time : 20 min
- Cook Time : 25 min
- Ready Time : 45 min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (10-ounce package) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup panko
- 4 ounces The Cheese Guy Chipotle Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 pounds flounder fillets
- 1 (15-ounce) can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons half and half
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
In a medium sauté pan over low heat, add the oil; add half the onion and a pinch of salt and sweat until translucent. Add 1 clove of garlic and continue to cook for another minute. Add the spinach and cook until just heated through. Season with the salt and pepper, add the breadcrumbs and the cheese and stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
If the fillets are large, cut in half. Season each filet on both sides with salt and pepper. Divide the spinach mixture evenly among the fillets and roll the fish around the mixture. Place fish rolls in a baking pan seam side down. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: Place a saucepan over medium heat. Add the other 1 tablespoon olive oil, other half of the onion and garlic. Saute 5 minutes, until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes, adjust salt and pepper to taste add Half and half and remove from heat. Keep warm until ready to use.
Note: You can use the sauce as is or if you are like my son and you don’t like chunks of tomatoes you can puree it.
Serve fish with sauce over top as desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 410
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
- Sodium: 850mg
- Total Carbs: 13g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 48g
- JoyofKosher.com with Jamie Geller is the No. 1 kosher food and recipe website, featuring more than 6,000 recipes from Geller, kosher chefs, food bloggers and community members. The award-winning companion print magazine, published bimonthly, is revolutionizing the way people think about kosher food. Watch Jamie’s new food and travel show Joy of Israel with Jamie Geller and help bring the beauty of Israel to the world. Order Jamie’s NEW highly anticipated cookbook Joy of Kosher: Fast, Fresh Family Recipes (William Morrow/HarperCollins) for over 200 recipes Dressed Up for Entertaining and Dressed Down for Everyday