- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 8 min
- Ready Time : 23 min
- 4 ounces Natural & Kosher Gouda, coarsely grated
- 4 ounces Natural & Kosher herbed goat cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup matzah meal/Passover crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for frying
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Mash together cheeses in a bowl, mixing until combined. Form the mixture into eight balls, then flatten each slightly into thick patties.
2. Arrange three small dishes for dredging stations: Place the potato starch in the first one, beat the egg lightly in the second, and mix the matzah meal and salt in the last one.
3. Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Once hot, fry each patty until golden and crispy, about two minutes per side. It is a little messy; sometimes two forks are better than a spatula.
4. Once browned, remove to a paper towel and then immediately top your salad of choice. Sprinkle the whole thing with freshly ground black pepper.