- Prep Time : 20 min
- Cook Time : 30 min
- Ready Time : 50 min
- 2 pounds side of salmon, skin on
- 2 cubes Gefen frozen crushed garlic or 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 generous tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- Seared lemon halves for garnish
- 1/4 cup Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup regular or light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Place salmon skin-side down on prepared pan.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, oil, and honey. Pour and brush glaze all over salmon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
3. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.
To sear lemons: Cut lemons in half and sear cut-side down in a medium sauté pan over high heat for 5 minutes or until nicely browned.
To prepare sauce: In a small bowl whisk together mustard, mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice, and dill.
4. Serve salmon warm or at room temperature with dipping sauce, and seared lemon halves for garnish.
JoyofKosher.com with Jamie Geller is the No. 1 kosher food and recipe website, featuring more than 7,000 recipes from Geller, kosher chefs, food bloggers and community members. The award-winning companion print magazine, published bimonthly, is revolutionizing the way people think about kosher.
Want stories like this delivered right to your inbox? Sign up now for our Joy of Kosher weekly newsletter.